On 05/16/2010 01:12 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:

Explicitly setting Driver to "evdev" (to both mouse and keyboard sections)
doesn't
> fix the unexplained messages in Xorg.0.log. At least X manages to start,
though.

I'm expecting that your newest Xorg log will be different from the earlier ones.
Which messages do you mean?

I'm now noticing another problem: X's CPU usage sky-rockets when using input
devices.
> Especially mouse: If I move my pointer around the screen, hovering over some
windows
> in the process, I get >50% CPU in 'top'.

I've never seen that before.  Does hovering over xev print any messages?