Hi,

I had wireless working just fine back when I was using the
2.6.27-gentoo-r8 kernel.  Since upgrading to the 2.6.30 series of
kernels, I haven't been able to get it working.  I was using the ipw3945
driver, but this driver needs TKIP and something else (don't remember
what) set in the cryptographic section of the kernel source.  I can't
seem to find where that is located, if it is in the kernel that I am
currently running - 2.6.31-gentoo-r10.

I've tried using the corresponding driver within the kernel, but I still
get told that my wireless connection does not exist and that I should
verify the hardware or kernel module driver.

I have also always used wireless-tools.  I know wpa_supplicant is
supposed to be better because you can enable WEP encryption, but I tried
to set that up too and I still get told that my wireless connection does
not exist and that I should verify the hardware or kernel module driver.

I'd be happy just using wireless-tools if I could get the ipw3945 driver
to build, but can't without TKIP.  Does anyone know if this setting has
been taken out of the kernel source or if it is just located in some
obsure place that I can't find?

Regards,

Colleen

--