On 6/22/2010 1:46 PM, Bill Longman wrote:

Because of EFI firmware, that's why mobos would effect it. Like the Sun
Openboot PROM docs say somewhere: "BIOS? We don't need no stinkin'
BIOS". Same with the lame x86 status quo. At least nowadays we could
have two different versions of it on board and it's not a hardware chip
anymore, but, compared to most other intelligent platforms, PC BIOS is
pretty braindead.

For the record only Sun servers have ever made me utter, "Let me get this straight. I have to update the firware on the POWER SUPPLY too?!?" E6500s circa '99.

kashani