On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 10:22 +0200, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  in what package can I find /usr/bin/time (not the shell's builtin) ?

sys-process/time

>  Or, in other more general words: How can I find a package which
>  contains a certain installable file?

In general you can't because, when you think about it, in the Gentoo
world most packages don't contain "installable files".  The files don't
get created until build time, and then the files that are installed
depends variably on USE flags, CFLAGS, architecture, FEATURES, etc. etc.
So the set of installed files created by a package on my system can be
different than the set of files created by the same package on your
system.

But people don't like that answer.  So there is a statistical, though
not always accurate way of finding out:

http://www.portagefilelist.de/