On 07/08/2010 06:59 PM, Stroller wrote:

On 7 Jul 2010, at 19:23, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
mplayer-uau is a fork of MPlayer, previously known as "mplayer-git",
before the developer was kicked from the mplayer project for unknown
reasons. While mplayer from multimedia only adds the ffmpeg-mt patch,
mplayer-uau adds more patches.

Are you sure about this characterisation?

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/56008

I follow the mplayer mailing lists daily, only to try and clarify this
subject, but it doesn't seem so obvious to me. Mostly it's old history,
of course, so perhaps you were paying more attention at the time.

AIUI Uoti maintains that there's only one real contributor to the
"official" mplayer, and that all useful improvements and patches are
tracked by his (Uoti's) git version, which is also better in some other
respects.

It's probably a pissing match.  But I don't care much about the issue.