On 08/04/2010 12:15 AM, Chen Huan wrote:
> Hi,everybody, I got a very very strange problems.
>
> I have install gnome, and when I try to add xdm to default runlevel, use
> command "rc-update add xdm default", it is normal
>
> and output of rc-update show is right
>
> but when I restart computer, the xdm doesn't auto start, when I log in the
> system, and exec "/etc/init.d/xdm start", it is started normally
>
> There is no any information about xdm when the system starting......It is
> very strange...Could somebody help me...
>
> And NetworkManager and alsasound have the same problem.....
>
> here is the ouput of rc-update show:
>
>                procfs |                                   boot
>               modules |                                   boot
>                 local |          nonetwork                     default
>                net.lo |                                   boot
>             alsasound |                                   boot
>                   xdm |                                        default
>                  swap |                                   boot
>                  udev |                    sysinit
>             savecache | shutdown
>              mount-ro | shutdown
>          termencoding |                                   boot
>              netmount |                                        default
>                 dmesg |                    sysinit
>            consolekit |                                        default
>                 devfs |                    sysinit
>                  root |                                   boot
>               urandom |                                   boot
>        udev-postmount |                                        default
>           consolefont |                                   boot
>              hostname |                                   boot
>        NetworkManager |                                        default
>            vixie-cron |                                        default
>                  fsck |                                   boot
>             syslog-ng |                                        default
>                sysctl |                                   boot
>                  mtab |                                   boot
>              bootmisc |                                   boot
>             killprocs | shutdown
>            localmount |                                   boot
>               hwclock |                                   boot
>               keymaps |                                   boot
>
> And I am using operc-0.6.1-r1 and baselayout-2.0.1

That is strange. I don't have the answer, but I could offer a
suggestion. You might want to try "rc-update del" the services that are
having trouble and then adding them back in. You might want to use
"rc-update -s -v" for your runlevels and see if there's anything broken.
They'll be reported at the top of the list. Good luck.