On 08/15/2010 09:07 PM, James wrote:
> Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
>

>> So what happens when you try `sudo mount -v /dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom/`?
>
> mount -v /dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom/
> mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for /dev/sr0
>        I will try all types mentioned in /etc/filesystems or /proc/filesystems
> Trying msdos
> mount: mount point /mnt/cdrom/ does not exist

So, there are two problems but the most serious one right now is that
you don't have the /mnt/cdrom directory. Make it. That will solve the
first problem.

The second is that you need to tell "mount" that the disk in your CD
drive has an iso9660 filesystem on it so it doesn't get all confused.
Use this command, then, to mount the disk:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom

Make sure you really do have a disk with stuff on it in the drive.