On 08/17/10 08:36, David Abbott wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:45 PM, CJoeB <colleen.bea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>> I'm biting the bullet here and asking for help.
> I would suggest using Wicd [0] and disable all !net.* rc scripts
> depending on the version of baselayout /openrc you have the file to
> edit [1] will change.
> [0] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Wicd
> [1] http://gentoo-pr.org/node/17
More than anything, I am acknowledging this response.  My understanding
is that Wicd requires wpa-supplicant.  I don't know that I'm ready to
try to tackle the setup of wpa-supplicant - it's supposed to be harder
(it looks harder from what I have read) to configure than wireless-tools
and I'm not having very much success with that and the iwl3945 driver
built into the kernel.

Regards,

Colleen

--