Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I know how non-trivial it is

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With several Domain names, I'll just let the local
ISP resolve one and I'll set up servers to resolv
the other(s) and pull the cables if necessary.
Lots of physical partitioning on my little
net and nothing that can't be taken off line
as needed. Besides that the purpose of this little
net, is to have FUN with SECURITY!!!!!!!!

Ah, yes, I'll need to update some of my transparent
bridges to glean(parse) various (new)traffic streams.
(any suggestions there?)

> you can write a wiki page that helps others immensely.
> But just be informed upfront about what it's going to take.

wink wink, nudge nudge. OK.
;-)

I'm not unfamiliar with it, just rusty (bout 5 years)
The experience is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
Nothing here to steal, unless hacks can jump
an air gap firewall....(ha ha).... I'm quite
certain it's going to be FUN!

Maybe, just maybe, this is something that the
GENTOO DOCS should be addressing??????????

All input is most welcome.

cheers,
James