Robin Atwood wrote:
AFAIK, all "eselect opengl" does is set up some symlinks so you use NVidia
libraries and not Mesa ones. You might want to poke around and check last
access dates.

HTH
-Robin

I was thinking the same thing. I figure something worked for a while and then had some sort of a error and then switched to something else that was slow. I don't know the inner workings of opengl so I am just guessing. I just know it worked for a while then didn't until I told it to switch again. It is weird tho.

I did do this last night tho. I upgraded my kernel and updated to the latest nvidia drivers. I checked it again a few minutes ago by playing a video and it is still working like it should. At almost full screen my CPU was running at about 40 to 50% which is about like it was a while back. So, I figure it was either some sort of kernel issue or even more likely a nvidia driver issue.

I'm just hoping it keeps working like this. Those little wheels are turning pretty good now.

Dale

:-)  :-)