On 17/11/2010, at 1:13pm, Sebastian Beßler wrote:

>>> Could you enlighten me about this?
>>> I look into man find but it says nothing about -exec + or a + operator
>>> at all. Also adding + to the command doesn't work either.
>>
>> Which man page are you looking at?  It's in my find man page at least.
>
> man find
>
> Aktionen
> -exec Kommando;
> führt das Kommando aus; die Aktion ist wahr, wenn das Kommando        einen
> Status von Null liefert; alle auf den  Kommandonamen  folgenden Argumente bis
> zu einem Semikolon ; werden als Kommandozeilenargumente für das Kommando
> interpretiert; das Semikolon kann nicht weggelassen werden, und es muss durch
> mindestens ein Whitespace von der letzten Option getrennt werden; die
> Konstruktion {} wird durch den Pfadnamen der  Datei  ersetzt; die Klammern
> und das Semikolon müssen in der Kommandozeile für find quotiert werden, damit
> sie nicht von der Shell bearbeitet werden
>
> There is only one -exec option explained, no + to see.
> The only option with a + in my manpage is -perm +Modus
>
> No I have not tried the english version, I thought that a option that exists
> for 20 years should be in translated manpages too.

       -exec command {} +
              This  variant  of the -exec action runs the specified command on
              the selected files, but the command line is built  by  appending
              each  selected file name at the end; the total number of invoca‐
              tions of the command will  be  much  less  than  the  number  of
              matched  files.   The command line is built in much the same way
              that xargs builds its command lines.  Only one instance of  `{}'
              is  allowed  within the command.  The command is executed in the
              starting directory.

Stroller.