On 12/08/2010 12:23 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Hi,

does anybody know about an easy method to remove all entries from
/var/lib/portage/world
which would have been pulled in anyway
even if they were not contained in world.

My current attempt would be to write a script
which executes emerge -vpc on each entry in world.
If it wouldn't be removed it's obsolete in world.

Unfortunately this has to be done in several rounds.

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

Hi,

I wanted to add, that a minimal world in my opinion isn't always what you want. For example in the time I searched for a suitable window manager for me I did a lot of depclean these days and accidently removed the xserver. There was no harm done, but I figured, that my world file should contain all packages, that should never removed automatically unless I want to. This way there is a little less danger involved using depclean. So this type of work might only be done by hand.

Johannes Kimmel