Andrea Conti <a...@alyf.net> [10-12-12 10:24]:
> > Just build all the sensor drivers into
> > the kernel, not modules but built in.
>
> A simpler way:
>
> - make sure you have CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=y, CONFIG_I2C_HELPER_AUTO=y and
> select the correct I2C hardware bus drivers for your platform
> (CONFIG_I2C_I801 for most recent Intel chipsets and CONFIG_I2C_PIIX4 for
> most recent AMD chipsets; reading the help text of the various drivers
> should point you in the right direction);
>
> - emerge sys-apps/lm_sensors
>
> - run sensors-detect
>
> - enable the drivers for all the things sensors-detect finds. Hopefully
> you won't have any unsupported chips...
>
> - you can then add lm_sensors to the default runlevel, so that it loads
> the correct modules during the boot process.
>
> The final step is to configure the software you use to display the
> sensor readings. It is usually a matter of attaching the correct labels
> to the various inputs, and possibly tweaking the scaling factors so that
> the readings match those shown by the BIOS; as the details depend on the
> specific manufacturer and model of your board, this will usually be a
> trial and error process, although google might help you. The comments in
> /etc/sensor3.conf, which controls software using the libraries provided
> by lm_sensors, are also a useful source of information.
>
> > cat /sys/devices/platform/
>
> This will miss those sensors which do not appear as a platform device
> (e.g. the AMD k10 on-die temperature sensors, which is a PCI device).
>
> andrea

Hi Andrea, Hi Dale,

Before I post my question I did, what you have suggested, Andrea.
Sensors-detect reports the it87 chip to be included as module/in the
kernel, which I did -- but the driver does not produces any output

AMD k10 was already in and reports everything -- only the fan stuff
was missing, which (normall) the ITE (it87) chip is used for.

The version of lm_sensors, which is in portage reports here "driver to
be written" but the svn-version of lm_sensors seems to support it. I
installed that svn-version locally but I cant read from the ITE
chip.
Still only voltages and temperatures.
GKrellm (normally I use conky) also detects no fans.

@Dale:
Do you have exactly the same board (ASUS Crosshair IV formula) as I, or?

I tried to include "everything" into the kernel but unfortunately the
results are the same: No fans and the it87 driver seems not to work
for me...

Any other ideas?

Best regards and have a nive sunday!
mcc