On Wednesday 15 December 2010 11:30:46 Adam Carter wrote:
> > > I don't think that's true.
> > > In my Xorg.0.log I do have
> > >
> > > (EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
> > > (EE) Failed to load module "dri2" (module does not exist, 0)
> > >
> > > and still, X11 is running just fine. I think these modules are
> > > superfluous with a recent Xorg version.
> > >
> > > Helmut.
> >
> > I agree, just checked on all the machines I am running Gentoo on with
> > Nvidia
> > cards and they all have those 2 EE-lines.
> > Both of these have 2 monitors hooked up and that is working correctly.
> >

> Ok, so my argument is looking weak then - are you using the nvidia binary
> drivers like Dale?

Yes, I have been using the binary (nvidia-drivers) for years. Not had to fall
back to open drivers yet.

> For interests sake, do the libdri.so and libdri2.so files exist on your
> system? Try
> find /usr -name libdri\*

Result:
eve ~ #  find /usr -name "libdri*"
/usr/lib64/opengl/xorg-x11/extensions/libdri.so
/usr/lib64/opengl/xorg-x11/extensions/libdri2.so

eve ~ # cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(EE) Failed to load module "xtrap" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "dri2" (module does not exist, 0)

The files do exist, but are not found as I am using the nvidia-opengl, rather
then the xorg-x11 opengl.

--
Joost Roeleveld