On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Davide Carnovale
<francesco.davide.carnov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> by decent video quality i mean, that i see the images with a very low
> resoution (pixelated) and i can't play a video (avi file) as the framerate
> is too low. also 3d programs doesn't work (i've tested only second life so
> far)
> i don't need anything funky, just a normal config.
> are you using the ati drivers or the xorg ones?
> can you please share your xorg config file?
>
> BTW i'm using xorg-server-1.7.7-r1 can that be the problem?

I am using the xorg drivers actually. I have no problems playing video
from Hulu in Linux or NetFlix in vmware/virtualbox. Graphics are fine
for me.

I'm not sure if 3D works at all with the xorg ATI driver. I have no
need for it and haven't tried, but I keep thinking I should.
Basically, the machine more than meets my needs so no need to mess
around with it.

xorg.conf attached.

- Mark

c2stable ~ # cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/OTF"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        #Option     "monitor-VGA1" "Samsung2333"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Samsung2333"
        VendorName   "Samsung"
        ModelName    "2333"
        Option       "PreferredMode" "1920x1080"
        HorizSync    30-75
        VertRefresh  56-61
EndSection

Section "Screen"