walt wrote:
On 12/27/2010 04:24 PM, Dale wrote:
walt wrote:
On 12/27/2010 09:27 AM, Dale wrote:

I went with 64 bit and used a multilib profile. So far, everything is working fine.

Dale, don't wait -- go buy a hundred lottery tickets before your luck runs out :)

Why? Going with multilib means I can run either 32 or 64 bit code if needed. What's the point of buying a nice CPU if you are not going to use it? If I was going to run 32 bit, I should have stuck with my old rig.

Please explain why this is not going to work long term?

No, not the multilib part -- the "everything is working fine" part. It was just my bad
attempt at a joke, so relax and enjoy the smooth sailing while it lasts.

And a very happy and prosperous New Year to you and the whole motley gentoo crew while
I'm at it :)

Whew ! Glad you was joking. I thought I had done made a boo boo. lol I do wish I would win the lottery. We don't have one where I am tho. :-(

Happy New Year to you as well. Same to everyone else on the list as well. Maybe next year will be better but I'm not holding my breath. :/

Dale

:-)  :-)