Hartmut Figge <h.fi...@gmx.de> [11-01-01 02:15]:
> Hartmut Figge:
> > meino.cra...@gmx.de:
>
> >> Unfortunately I could not find any option to get back the nodead-keys.
> >
> > That one i will need also.
>
> The main problem was that after upgrading there was a pointer to
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.9-upgrade-guide.xml
> which was quite useless, but no pointer to the real information on
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.8-upgrade-guide.xml
>
> I had to create /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d, to copy the file 10-evdev.conf
> from /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d and then to modify that 10-evdev.conf.
>
> At the moment i am unable to copy & paste from the mc. I have still to
> figure out how the mouse under X11 can recognize gpm, but i can manually
> type the needed lines.
>
> Driver  "evdev"
> Option  "XkbLayout" "de"
> Option  "XKbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
>
> --
> Hartmut

Hi Hartmut,

Thank you for your input -- it works for me so far.
Nevertheless I am alittle confused...

1.) gpm and copy'n'paste on the console and under X11 works for me.
2.) my 10-evdev.conf is located under /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
3.) The option I am using for the german keyboard layout is 'Option
"xkb_layout" "de"'
    and it works.

May it possible, that you have to recompile xf86-input-evdev,
xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse?

Best regards and a Happy New Year!!!
mcc