meino.cra...@gmx.de:

> 1.) gpm and copy'n'paste on the console and under X11 works for me.

I need to emulate the middlemouse button by simultaneous pressing the
left and right mouse buttons. That stopped working under X11 and i had
to figure out a solution.

> 2.) my 10-evdev.conf is located under /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf

That's a possibilty, but configuration files should generally be located
under /etc, so /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf is a better way.

> 3.) The option I am using for the german keyboard layout is 'Option
> "xkb_layout" "de"'
>     and it works.

Fine. :)

I had looked for my modifications into
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.8-upgrade-guide.xml.
This link should really have been mentioned for people like me, thrown
to xorg-server 1.9,2 from 1.7.7-r1.

> May it possible, that you have to recompile xf86-input-evdev,
> xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse?

Every time x11 changes i use 'emerge --oneshot $(qlist -IC x11-drivers)'.

> Best regards and a Happy New Year!!!

Same for you. :)

--
Hartmut