On 1/23/2011 11:23 AM, Alex Schuster wrote:

Relaying does not work yet, I get a "Relay access denied (in reply to
RCPT TO command)" error. But my initial goal is reached, I can send mail
to {root,wonko}@wonkology.org. That's all I wanted.

Many many thanks kashani! Your howto is much more than I expected, it is
much appreciated. I realize that postfix is not too complicated, so I
will play more with it when I have some spare time.

Postifx is definitely worth the investment and people always seem surprised to find that 5-15 lines of config is all they need. You're welcome for the config. I spent most of last week learning the ins and out of authentication and relay hosts that hard way when I changed the domain of our servers and needed to update everything.

I'm using a lot of EC2 machines and didn't want to maintain IP lists so I auth all servers trying to relay against my two Postfix servers. This config reflects that and might need some changes for your environment.

kashani