Hi,

I recently bought a USB wifi adapter with RTL8192CU chipset. Drivers
are available from Realtek's website, and are updated regularly (last
month), but are not in the mainline Linux kernel or in the portage
tree.

Compiling and installing the drivers is not a problem, but every time
I insert the USB adapter my computer freezes and no amount of
magic-SysRq can get me out of it. I tried on 2 different Gentoo
machines with the same result.

The adapter works (poorly...) on a Windows XP machine, so I know the
hardware is functional.

Does anyone else here use these drivers?