On Sunday 30 January 2011 14:52:36 meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> [11-01-30 15:36]:
> > On Sunday 30 January 2011 13:55:41 meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have three ogg-files (audio) which I want to concatenate
> > > in a way, so that as much as possible of the audio quality
> > > will be preserved and the result should be an ogg-file again,
> > > which not only plays ok, because mplayer or what ever simply
> > > skipps over format violations but is of a valid ogg format.
> > >
> > > How can I do this ?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
> > > Best regards,
> > > mcc
> >
> > Have you looked at ffmpeg?  It has the concat protocol to join files
> > together - have not tried it with ogg though, so YMMV.
>
> Hi Mick,
>
> thanks for your reply!
>
> Are the ogg-files reencoded? If yes: If possible I am looking for a
> solution which does not do that, cause it implies a loss of quality...

I'm not the most educated in video/audio matters to advise here, but I know
that if you use ffmpeg and specify '-acodec copy' it will do just that with
the raw data.  I know you can use ffmpeg with streams, so some clever use of
pipes may be required for your application.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in here.
--
Regards,
Mick