Hi,
I use one drive just for backup, co I mount/unmount it only when
I need it (quite frequently). Since some time I started getting
these messages in /var/log/kernel.log:

kernel: kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
kernel: EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended
kernel: EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.

So I unmounted /dev/sda1 and checked partition as recommended:
e2fsck -f /dev/sda1

All tests passed, no errors reported, output seems normal.
But when I mount it, I get the above mentioned message again.
Apparently, mount-counter has not been reset. So how can I
reset it?

I think, that message indicate that fsck will check that
partition while doing next backup. I would like to avoid
it, as it is rather large partition (2TB) with a lot of
files, and fsck takes quite long time...

Jarry