On Saturday 19 February 2011 20:41:42 Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@arcor.de> wrote:
> > On 02/19/2011 10:14 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> >> Should I be enabling udev globally in make.conf? I'm currently not. I
> >> do have it on xorg-server so I'm not seeing the OP's issue, but I
> >> never wanted to get into making my own udev rules.
> >
> > I can only comment on what individual packages do with the udev flag.  I
> > can't possibly know what each and every package in portage does when udev
> > is enabled globally :-/
>
> Of course. At the time I really meant the question to ask what people are
> doing.
>
> On my machines currently the only package with a udev flag is
> xorg-server so it's easy.

On two laptops of mine evdev causes untold confusion with the touchpad and
second language selection for the keyboard.  I *have* to use the synaptics and
keyboard input drivers.  I'm also using mouse (because it doesn't hurt I
guess).

I tried of course to remove them all and leave evdev initially, but it all
went horribly wrong.  Perhaps evdev will catch up eventually, I just hope
synaptics and keyboard don't default into being deprecated before then.
--
Regards,
Mick