dhk writes:

> I want to use LXDE as a Desktop on a fresh install of Gentoo on a laptop
> (amd64).  It seems to work, but when I logout it hangs.  It never
> returns to the command prompt and the keyboard doesn't work so I can
> switch to an alternate terminal.  Has anyone had this problem and know
> how to fix it?

No. But try Alt-SysRq-R, this removes keyboard control from X, and you
should be able to switch to a text terminal.
If not, Alt-SysRq-{E,I,S,U,B} (with little pasues between each) will at
least do a cleaner reboot than hitting the reset button.

If you have another PC to log in from, try this, and use the chvt commadn to
change the virtual terminal.

        Wonko