On Wednesday 20 April 2011 16:56:15 Harry Putnam wrote:
> Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> writes:

> > Do you get the same condensed format when you capture the logs in your
> > LAN syslog server?
>
> I did not try that, but is there some reason to expect a difference?

No, it shouldn't - after all it is the same log file that you are accessing,
but wasn't sure if the gui condensed what's reported to fit it in the screen.

> I have channeled logs to Syslog running on gentoo with at least 2
> different routers in the past and saw no difference in the logs.
>
> Do you notice a difference?

I do not have a Cisco router to try it just now, but could you have a look at
how your access lists are defined?  Extended ACLs *should* show ports, as long
as ports are used in permit/deny statements and asked to be logged; e.g.

 access-list 102 permit tcp host 10.10.10.2 eq 0 any eq 0 log

of course IOS versions may change things, but that's how I remember it worked.
--
Regards,
Mick