On 05/11/2011 03:16 PM, Marius Vaitiekunas wrote:
Hi,

Maybe, a little OT.
Could anybody tell me, how to make gentoo baselayout-2 system to be
completely unicode utf-8? Which config files I should modify?
Thank You!

/etc/env.d/02locale.  Here, it looks like this:

  LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
  LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

Replace "en_US" with your own country code, but leave the ".UTF-8" as it is. You will need to run "env-update" (as root) after you modify the file.

The second file is /etc/locale.gen.  On my system:

  en_US ISO-8859-1
  en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

I don't know why I have the first line there. I guess it's a fallback. The second line must be the same as what you used in env.d/02locale, with " UTF-8" appended to it. After you change that file, you must rebuild sys-libs/glibc.

There's also /etc/conf.d/consolefont, but you shouldn't need to change anything in that one.