James Wall wrote:

I remember expat and e2fsprogs breaking spectacularly with no warning
whatsoever back when....
That was fun. This update is a complete opposite from those nightmares.

James Wall

That was one of the ones I was thinking about. I have to say, things in the dev world have improved a LOT. The devs seem to get along better plus there is some really good stuff going on with portage itself. I suspect one leads to the other but that's just my opinion.

I subscribe to -dev and they seem to really try to keep the users in mind. I was in on the discussion about alerting users to this upgrade. I have to say, they did all they could to let people know this was coming. It looks like it worked out well.

Let's hope all the things in the future are like this.  :-D

Dale

:-)  :-)