2011/5/12 Thanasis <thana...@asyr.hopto.org>:
> on 05/12/2011 06:13 AM meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote the following:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after upgradeing to openrc there still some issues...
>>
>> 1) After reboot eth1 (there was/is no eth0!) is up and
>>    running (according to ifconfig) but
>>
>>         ping <site>
>>
>>    returns "unknown host". After calling /etc/init.d/net.eth1
>>    (which is a symlink to /etc/net.lo) as root by hand again
>>    the ping comand works
>>
>>    How can I make this working at boot time?
>
> rc-update add net.eth0 default

This will only work if the OP first reads the migration web page[1]
that the devs have kindly provided and included in the elog of KDE
4.6, which explicitly states that the  net.eth0 -> net.lo symlink may
need to be recreated.

[1]  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde44-46-upgrade.xml
--
Regards,