Mick wrote:
On 12 May 2011 09:27, Mick<michaelkintz...@gmail.com>  wrote:

This will only work if the OP first reads the migration web page[1]
that the devs have kindly provided and included in the elog of KDE
4.6, which explicitly states that the  net.eth0 ->  net.lo symlink may
need to be recreated.

[1]  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde44-46-upgrade.xml
Oops!  My bad, I'm getting confused with all these upgrades!  :))

The guide to read is of course the OpenRC migration:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml

Yep. I had to recreate my link to eth0 as well. Glad I noticed that before I rebooted. Then again, I did cheat a little. I copied the upgrade guide as plain text and put it in my root directory. If something did go oopsy, I could open the file with nano and see where I went wrong. Neat huh?

OP. You really need to go through that guide step by step. Things should work fine if you do. At least all the big stuff anyway.

Dale

:-)  :-)