On Monday 30 May 2011 09:15:59 András Csányi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a little problem regarding time.  After every boot I have to
> setup my clock because about my machine the current time is +2 hour
> more. To be honest, this is a little bit annoying.
> What I did:
>
> - According to install guide I have copied the
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Budapest to /etc/localtime
> - According to localization guide [1] I have to set up the current
> timezone in the /etc/conf.d/clock file but this file is missing. I
> have checked it the original stage-3 pack from Hungarian mirror and I
> couldn't find there as well. I think this file is removed.
>
> So my question is that, what should I do to have the current time
> automatically (I'm in Hungary/Budapest)? Should I make a new clock
> file?
>
> [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml
>
> Thanks for any help in advance!
>
> András

Assuming that you have moved to openrc and running Linux not FreeBSD, you
should have a file /etc/conf.d/hwclock.  Therefore you would not need to
create the /etc/conf.d/clock file:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml

Read the section under Clock, which says that you should set up your timezone
in /etc/timezone.  If it hasn't been created in your system already, then add
it yourself with this line in it:

Europe/Budapest

HTH.
--