Todd Goodman wrote:
* Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  [110622 14:45]:

When I did that, it complained that cantor was built with no backend.
Did you get the same thing?  It said this here:

WARN (postinst)

You have decided to build cantor with no backend.
To have this application functional, please do one of below:
      # emerge -va1 '='kde-base/cantor-4.6.4 with 'R' USE flag enabled
      # emerge -vaDu sci-mathematics/maxima

So, I did the later and it needs to emerge several packages that I
didn't have before.  Looks like I can either have a bit of bloat on one
side or a bit of bloat on the other side.  o_O

I mention just in case you didn't notice the message and then something
borks on next login.

Dale

:-)  :-)
Yes, it complained about the same thing.  Since I don't know what cantor
is I figure I don't much care if it has a backend or not.  :-)

Seriously, I haven't noticed any issues yet not having the backend.

If I find something broken I need then I'll do as you did.

Thanks,

Todd

root@fireball / # eix cantor
[I] kde-base/cantor
     Available versions:  (4) 4.6.2{tbz2} 4.6.3{tbz2} (~)4.6.4{tbz2}
        {+R aqua debug +handbook kdeenablefinal kdeprefix ps}
Installed versions: 4.6.4(4){tbz2}(01:24:34 PM 06/22/2011)(handbook -R -aqua -debug -kdeenablefinal -ps)
     Homepage:            http://www.kde.org/

root@fireball / #

You may not need it unless you jump into the menu and go to Education > Mathematics > Cantor. I don't even know how it works so if you are the same as me, you won't need it.

Dale

:-)  :-)