On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 00:03:32 -0500, Dale wrote:

> > So why are you installing it, and all its dependencies, on the one
> > hand, and complaining about bloat on the other? Surely installing
> > stuff you don't need is the very definition of bloat.

> But it installed stuff either way.  Instread of ABD, I got WXYZ because
> of dependencies.  It's not that I want them, it's that portage needs
> them to make a package that I do want happy.  This reminds me of the
> six of one or half a dozen of the other.  This may be nine of one tho.
> lol

My question was why are you installing cantor if you don't need it?

You don't use it, you don't need it, it drags in a bunch of dependencies
that require other packages to install more files too, yet you still want
it there.

Hint: I don't have cantor installed and the sky hasn't fallen in, at
least not yet.

--
Neil Bothwick

This is as bad as it can get; but don't bet on it.