On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 04:26:19 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> After syncing, some heavy packages wanted to rebuild because of the
> "hardened" USE flag.  (I don't use the hardened profile, but they
> wanted to rebuild anyway.)  Really heavy stuff including libreoffice
> and firefox-5.  It took a few hours.  Then, next resync, and the same
> packages want to rebuild again because of the "hardened" USE flag :-/

What profile and arch are you using? What arguments are you using to
emerge? I used to see this sort of behaviour occasionally with --newuse,
when it picked up USE flag changes unrelated to my system. Switching to
--changed-use stopped it, and I've not seen anything with hardened.

--
Neil Bothwick

A seminar on time travel will be held 2 weeks ago.