2011/7/4 Andrea Conti <a...@alyf.net>:

>>> That's IUSE, not USE.
>
>> IUSE~=USE [1]
>
> Um, yes. It's what I wrote.

Just wanted to state that the use flags _have changed_ because of the
IUSE="hardened" injection in the eclass. The whole changeset itself
has not effect for non hardened users but forcing a rebuild because of
changed flags.

I translate "That's IUSE, not USE" to IUSE!=USE
With "IUSE~=USE" I wanted to say that it is somewhat the same. IUSE is
a list of all USE flags including USE_EXPAND flags like
video_cards_smth but not arch flags like x86 or amd64.

Anyway if I do IUSE="FLAG" in an eclass this flag will show up in any
consumer of the eclass because it is cumulative and this forces a
rebuild with "--new-use".

>> use --changed-use to avoid a rebuild
>> instead of --new-use like Neil suggested.
>
>This only works if you *permanently* switch to --changed-use, otherwise
>you'll just postpone things to next time you use --new-use.

I know I am not a fan of --changed-use myself thus I accepted the
rebuild of openoffice,icedtea,thunderbird etc. and today I rebuild it
again :)

--
Regards,
Daniel