2011/7/4 Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:
> I don't think I am logged in long enough to change the settings.  I may try
> my test user but I think a file got corrupted or something.  I did have a
> power failure the other day and the relay on my UPS was not quite fast
> enough.  I think the contacts may need some cleaning.  My UPS does some odd
> things at times.  I need a new one but they are pricey.  I had forgot about
> the power failure issue.  That has lead me down a different path now.

You don't need much time. The default shortcut to disable compositing
in kde is shift+alt+f12

You can try the vesa driver, or any alternative that will work with
your card, as well.

I also had the usb issue that others said above, with previous kernel
versions. I haven't seen it lately though, with 2.6.39.x.

--
Jesús Guerrero Botella