Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Tuesday 05 July 2011 23:16:21 Dale wrote:
Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Tuesday 05 July 2011 15:41:13 Dale wrote:>
update your fucking drivers.>
Seriously, no userspace app does something like this. The driver is
broken, KDE touches the broken part and BOOM.>
Don't blame KDE, blame nvidia.>
And update the driver.
I don't think a bad video driver would cause this:
*root@fireball / # emerge -av =x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-270.41.19
Calculating dependencies |
!!! Invalid or corrupt dependency specification:
Invalid atom (????1), token 1
(dev-perl/Net-SSLeay-1.36::unxlngx, installed)
Portage is unable to process the dependencies of the 'dev-perl/Net-
SSLeay-1.36' package. In order to correct this problem, the packageshould be
uninstalled, reinstalled, or upgraded. As a temporaryworkaround, the --nodeps
option can be used to ignore all dependencies.For reference, the problematic
dependencies can be found in the *DEPENDfiles located in '/var/db/pkg/dev-
perl/Net-SSLeay-1.36/'.... done!root@fireball / #
Whatever the problems is, things are breaking.  I think something in KDEis
broke, like corrupt file or some corrupt config somewhere, and it wasjust the
first symptom of the problem.  No matter what I try to emerge,I get errors
like this.
Still think emerging a new video driver is going to help?  ;-)
Dale
:-)  :-)
*
kde does not corrupt /var/db and does not lock up machines.

Bad video drivers do lock up machines

And machines locking up are prone to damage their file systems.

But again, it didn't lock up until AFTER I had a power failure. That was when all this started. If I hadn't had the power failure, I may not have had the lock ups to begin with. The root of this problem is what I am hoping to find.

Dale

:-)  :-)