Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 02:27:21 -0500, Dale wrote:

But again, it didn't lock up until AFTER I had a power failure.  That
was when all this started.  If I hadn't had the power failure, I may
not have had the lock ups to begin with.  The root of this problem is
what I am hoping to find.
It sounds like you need to start with qcheck -aBT and trawl through the
output, re-emerging anything questionable.

This is what I got:

root@fireball / # qcheck -aBT
app-office/openoffice
sys-auth/consolekit
sys-auth/polkit
net-nds/openldap
app-misc/screen
net-print/cups
net-print/hplip
sys-apps/dbus
sys-apps/openrc
dev-db/mysql
kde-base/kdm
root@fireball / #

That hplip makes me wonder. I had issues with that thing before causing freezes, not lock ups tho. I should have expected openoffice to be on there tho. lol

Hmmm.  What you think about that list?  Anything look suspicious?

Dale

:-)  :-)