OK.  Back to the original thread.

Here we go again. Everything seems to work EXCEPT Firefox. When I log into KDE, I can run Seamonkey, Kpat, Konqueror, Konsole, gkrellm and such but as soon as I start Firefox, it locks up tight. Tight enough that the kernel panics and it resets since Neil informed me how to set that up. Thanks Neil!

On Firefox, I have unmerged both nspluginwrapper & adobe-flash. Still does the same. I also tried the unstable version of Firefox 3 and even the unstable Firefox 4. I don't think it is Firefox itself but something that Firefox accesses or loads up. Keep in mind, when I upgraded Firefox it also pulled in new xulrunner packages as well. Is there anything else I should unmerge? Keep in mind, I can't open Firefox. Should I try to run Firefox as root to see if it locks up then too?

So, what in the world is it that Firefox does that can cause a kernel panic? Also, I can surf with both Seamonkey and Konqueror and everything works just fine. It seems only Firefox, any version, is affected by this.

Now what? I use Firefox to go to youtube and stuff to get music videos. It just does better than Seamonkey for me.

Dale

:-)  :-)