Dale wrote:

Yea, that does sound familiar. Trying to recall who could have had that problem. Hmmmm. Oh, it was me !! lol This is my card info:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT200 [GeForce GT 220] (rev a2)

Drivers:

x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-270.41.19

That is the latest for my card that is in the tree. Now keep in mind, going back to the older xorg fixed the Konsole and resizing issue I had. So far, I'm not sure Firefox has its problem fixed. I'm going to try it here in a few. Just close everything I can, type in sync and open the thing and see if the smoke gets out. Oh, got to install it again too. Almost forgot that.

It's funny in a way. I haven't been to the nvidia website in ages. I just sort of guess at a version, try it and see if it works. If not, try another one until I find one that does. There isn't that many in the tree. I never use the latest because I have never had that new of a card. :/

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)

OK.  Here is the info:

root@fireball / # equery list *xorg* *nvidia*
 * Searching for *xorg* ...
[IP-] [  ] x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.9:0
[IP-] [  ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.5:0

 * Searching for *nvidia* ...
[IP-] [  ] media-video/nvidia-settings-260.19.29:0
[IP-] [  ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-270.41.19:0
root@fireball / #

I closed all I could and did a couple syncs to sort of minimize the damage. I opened Firefox, it opened it's home page and about 2 or 3 seconds later, poof, the smoke got out. So, after all this, Firefox still locks it up tight. I didn't touch the window, mouse or keyboard. After I clicked to open Firefox, I let it do its thing until the lights on the keyboard starting to blink.

Firefox I tested was the stable version in the tree.

Can I shoot it now ??

Dale

:-)  :-)