Bill Kenworthy wrote:
On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 00:03 -0500, Dale wrote:
Mark Knecht wrote:
DAle,
Hi Dale, not quite the same but something else to check - after my
6monthly update round, I had two systems where FF refused to run - just
flashed up died.  Erase .mozilla allowed one restart where I got a
window, any attempt to configure it killed FF.

This is on gnome, not KDE so while symptoms differ, it may still be the
same root cause - some of the underlying packages needed rebuilding - it
was (maybe) nss and dev-lang/spidermonkey.  Sorry, had a lot going on so
cant be more specific - it was strace that tipped me off (how I cant
remember).

BillK

I'm going to try a clean directory for it here in a minute. I'm going to back up my whole home directory for good measure.

I'm not holding my breath but I'll cross my fingers just in case.

Dale

:-)  :-)