Hi all,

After cleaning off my Opensuse O.S. and installing Gentoo, I'm having
trouble getting my 3-disk nvidia SATA raid5 array back on line.

The gentoo OS is on a separate non-raid IDE disk, and I can see the
three individual disks which make up the raid array (/dev/sda, /dev/sdb
and /dev/sdc).  Unfortunately, the system does not seem to be able to
detect the raid array, and dmesg shows no md disks detected or mounted.

There are a few guides on line for setting up a system which boots to a
raid array, but I haven't found any guides for simply mounting a raided
disk.  I think I've got all the kernel settings right, and the raid
array was working before I cleared out the IDE disk.  I know that the
Nvidia array isn't a true hardware raid array, but it's a data disk
only, and while I have a reasonably recent backup, I'm not keen on
re-formatting it and setting up a kernel-based raid array.

Any suggestions or pointers gratefully received.  Thanks in advance.

Jeff