Michael Mol wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Pardon me.  My brain passed gas here.  lol  Could it be that my drives file
system has ran out of inodes or whatever they are called?  That may explain
why I can't copy anything to it but it works fine as far as reading goes.

Thoughts?  How do I check/change it?  Headed to some man pages too.
Stupid questions:
1) Is the filesystem mounted read-only?
2) Could the hard drive be in read-only mode? (Used to be there was
some flag you could trigger with hdparm to write-protect a hard drive.
Never poked that flag myself, I just remember that it was there.)

Mounted as this:

/dev/sdc1 on /data type reiserfs (rw)

This is from hdparm -I:

Security:
        Master password revision code = 65534
                supported
        not     enabled
        not     locked
        not     frozen
        not     expired: security count
                supported: enhanced erase
140min for SECURITY ERASE UNIT. 140min for ENHANCED SECURITY ERASE UNIT.

Capabilities:
        LBA, IORDY(can be disabled)
        Queue depth: 32
Standby timer values: spec'd by Standard, no device specific minimum
        R/W multiple sector transfer: Max = 16  Current = 0
        Advanced power management level: disabled
        Recommended acoustic management value: 254, current value: 0
DMA: mdma0 mdma1 mdma2 udma0 udma1 udma2 udma3 udma4 udma5 *udma6 udma7
             Cycle time: min=120ns recommended=120ns
        PIO: pio0 pio1 pio2 pio3 pio4
             Cycle time: no flow control=120ns  IORDY flow control=120ns

I don't see anything about it being write protected. Anyone see anything wrong with this? I can post the whole thing if needed.

With me, there is NO stupid question.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)