* Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> [110726 09:46]:
> Todd Goodman wrote:
> >
> > I'll let you know if I see anything that looks related.  It would be
> > interesting if going back to 2.6.38 is a temp fix for you.  I know you'd
> > tried older kernels before but...
> > Todd
> >

> This makes me wonder.  I have went all the way back to 2.6.35-r15 and it
> does the same thing.  Could it be that my problem is unrelated?

It's certainly possible it's unrelated.  Or it could be something
similar and the other bug reporter made a mistake bisecting or didn't run
long enough to fail with that bisection.  It's possibly a lot of things
since we don't have enough information.

> Also, I copied my current config over and ran make oldconfig.  Since I
> am actually downgrading, would that work the same way or would it have
> settings that no longer apply and may muck things up?

I don't think that would work OK (but don't know for sure.)  In most
cases it would probably work OK as I believe unused parameters will
be ignored.  But if a parameter was removed or the meaning changed then
you might have a problem (unlikely I'd guess, but I don't know.)

Todd