On Mon, August 15, 2011 11:52 am, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm sure I saw a thread recently describing progress in understanding and
> using grub-2, but now I can't find it. I have six months of articles here
> too, and I've searched gmane and the gentoo archive. Perhaps I'm being
> dense, or maybe it was on another list.
>
> I want to try another distro on an oldish box, but its gentoo grub can't
> chain to the grub-2 on another boot partition - it reports an invalid
> executable format, or something like that.
>
> Looks like time to bone up on grub-2 as it's the Coming Thing.

6 months might not be enough, there was a thread called "[gentoo-user] A
tiny titillating taste of grub2" and dates back to 9 January 2011.

There also was a thread called "[gentoo-user] [cookbook] grub2 for idiots
like me" by walt (24 January 2011) which is, I believe, what you're
looking for.

--
Joost