Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Well, this is interesting:

root@fireball # emerge -1av kate
ionice: bad prio class -3
  * PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND returned 1
  * See the make.conf(5) man page for PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND usage
instructions.

When I went to copy this, I noticed it was commented out.  Now I see why.
  What's up with this?

I bet Mark is going to get this too.
I bet you have a typo on your ionice command in make.conf. :)

You should have "-c 3" not "-c -3" as I will guess you might have from
that error message about priority class -3.

BINGO !! That was it. Mark, if you copy mine, remove the - in front of the 3. Aw heck,

PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND="ionice -c 3 -p \${PID}"

That one works mucho better.  ;-)

Thanks Paul for seeing my boo boo. Thing is, I copied and pasted that from somewhere.

Dale

:-)  :-)