Walter Dnes wrote:
On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 12:03:47PM -0700, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s wrote

They have the advantage over UUID's in that you can set them and
therefore can be human readable. Also, if you use a desktop
environment, they look nice in file managers.
   I assume that name clashes can be avoided by using hostname-label.  My
question is... are there any circumstances where you can use UUIDs but
not labels, or visa versa?  If so, I'd prefer to go with the more robust
option from day 1, rather than switch later.

From what I know, they both seem to travel well. If you remove a drive and take it to another system, the UUID and LABELS will go with it. LABELS can be shorter and easier on the human to read tho. I see that as a positive that UUID doesn't have.

Dale

:-)  :-)