On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:52:41 +0800, Lavender wrote:

> Hi, everybody! I installed gentoo according to Gentoo Handbook , then I
> login gentoo . But I found that I couldn't use wpa_supplicant for
> scanning netcard device failed . I think that means the netcard module
> not loaded, so I type lsmod and the output have only one line-Modules ,
> according to the Handbook I have written many modules to the
> file /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel2.6 though I don't know those
> modules respond for what.

Can you load the modules manually?

Which version of baselayout are you using? Baselayout2, which has been in
stable for some time, uses /etc/conf.d/modules rather than the file you
used. If the handbook still contains baselayout1 advice, it's time for
someone to raise a bug report.

--
Neil Bothwick

Master of all I survey (at the moment, empty pizza boxes)