On 2011-10-06, Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.b...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:27:14 -0400 schrieb Michael Orlitzky
> <mich...@orlitzky.com>:
>
>> On 10/06/2011 04:20 AM, Jonas de Buhr wrote:
>>
>>> most of the "oh it's so weird"-whining often comes from just not
>>> being used to it. flip your door lock upside down - you'll hate it
>>> with passion for a week and then you won't even notice. flip it
>>> again and the process will repeat.

Weird I can deal with.  It's the "order of magnitude more complicated"
that gets annoying.  Granted, in the case of Grub2, most of that is
due to the fact that I encounter in mainly on Ubuntu systems.  I don't
know how they manage it, but every time the Ubunutu folks have a
decision to make, they pick a direction exactly opposite that which I
would choose.  Still, I have to give them credit for still making a
usable single-CD system when everybody else requires 4 CDs or a DVD.

>> But if someone else snuck into your house and flipped your locks
>> every week?
>>
>> This one change won't be catastrophic, but I will probably spend a
>> good eight hours researching, testing, implementing, and documenting
>> it. In the end, *if everything goes according to plan*, stuff will
>> work exactly how it does now.
>
> nothing forces you to switch to grub2.

Not this week, no.

It'll happen...

> don't get me started, the suppressed memories about HAL-config or
> broken suse-10 usermount may come back ;)

HAL... shudder.

--
Grant