Pandu Poluan wrote:

On Oct 15, 2011 5:49 AM, "Dale" <rdalek1...@gmail.com <mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> Neil Bothwick wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:15:24 -0500, Dale wrote:
>>
>>> A'right now. I'm going to start on hal and /usr being on / again. :-P
>>
>> Jeez, 43 years on and you're still going on about it...
>>

> Dang, I was only a year old when hal came out? That just doubled my age. It's closer to what I feel like tho.
>
> I'm still not happy with /usr being required tho. That is still standing on a bad nerve. Don't worry tho, I got plenty of those bad nerves. :-P

Do you know that there's a plan to move /var/run to / also? ;-)

Rgds,

Now someone on here swears up and down that /var isn't going to be required on /. I'm telling ya'll, /home is coming. We are going to end up where we can only have one drive in our Linux boxes for the OS and its relatives. That or we will ALL have to start using the pesky init* thingy.

I got 7 acres of land here, complete with trees. If someone can find the dev that started this mess, I can find some rope. Just saying. ;-) Oh, I live half a mile from the river too. Makes for a good dump site. lol

I noticed the other day that when LVM tries to start, it fails. I have /var on a separate partition here. It was complaining about something on /var missing. So, you may be late in reporting this. I think it is already needed for LVM if /usr or /var is on a separate partition.

< sighs >

Dale

:-)  :-)