On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 04:45:25AM +0100, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know of three commands to check the consistency of a Gentoo system:
>

>     eix-sync && emerge --color=n -p -v --newuse --update --deep world
>     emerge -p -v --depclean
>     revdep-rebuild --ignore -p -v
>
> of course, one has to remove the -p and -v flags after checking the
> putput of the commands.
>
> What else can be checked and should be checked from time to time or
> after each update?

  python-updater
  perl-cleaner
to rebuild needed perl/python packages after an update,
maybe
  module-rebuild
after a kernel upgrade...

personally I'd realy like if all the revdep-rebuild / python-updater /
perl-cleaner / ... were combined into a single tool  or at least named
consistently :) (perl-cleaner is the one I can never remember ;)

yoyo